Funding is available to organizations with projects that focus specifically on strengthening and improving the life conditions of women, girls, youth, children and families.
Programs addressing life skills, girls transitioning out of foster care, mentoring, workforce development, legal services, violence against women, after school programs, summer programs, education/literacy, women’s leadership development, parenting skills, and healthcare are examples of the type of programs eligible for funding.
- Organization/program is located in Battle Creek.
- Organization serves women, girls, youth, children or families in Battle Creek.
- Organization’s leadership and staff promote diversity and inclusivity.
- Organization is a 501 c (3).
- Women of Impact makes its grant decisions based upon the charitable purpose of the organization and its criteria for funding.
- Grants will be awarded four times per year.
- An organization is eligible to receive one grant per year.
- Women of Impact will send award letter to organization.
- Organizations that are awarded grants are asked to attend the next scheduled Women of Impact meeting to talk about how funds were spent.
- Organizations are asked to send letters of receipt of contribution to individual donors.
NOTE: You must be a member of Women of Impact in order to present a request for funding. Employees of non-profit organizations are not allowed to present on behalf of their employer.
Ineligible for Funding
- Event tickets or sponsorships
- Political activities
- Programs requiring adherence of a particular religious belief
- Multi-year grants