When and where are the meetings?
We typically meet the second Tuesdays in January, April, July, and October (quarterly). Check our Facebook page for this quarter’s meeting location.
We host a meet & greet so you can meet other group members starting at 5:30 p.m. and then the meeting and presentations start at 6:00 p.m. Meetings finish promptly by 7:00 p.m. — no never-ending committee meetings here!
What is a typical meeting like?
We start sign-in and meet & greet at 5:30 p.m.
The actual meeting starts at 6:00 p.m. and looks something like this:
- At each meeting, an opportunity is provided for three members of the group to present a five (5) minute presentation about a local organization or agency in need. There is an opportunity for questions.
- A vote is taken.
- The organization with the most votes is announced.
- Each of the 100 women writes a check to the selected organization.
- The meeting ends. The agency or organization walks away with up to $10,000! (when we reach 100 members)
- Members wanting to continue to socialize stay for dinner.
What organizations can present for funding?
Women of Impact focuses on organizations that improve the life conditions of women, girls, youth, children and families in the Battle Creek, Michigan community. Please note that you must be a member of Women of Impact to present a request for funding. For full details on eligibility, please see our Funding Criteria page.
What if the organization that is selected by the group is not the one that I voted for?
While you may not have voted for the organization that receives the most votes, we ask that you help Women of Impact make the most impact by still donating $50-$100 to the chosen organization. You are absolutely welcome to also support the charity or program that you preferred.