Gracious Homes was the recipient of the Women of Impact funding at our March 13, 2012 meeting.
GRACIOUS HOMES is committed to providing long-term residential placement for homeless and recovering substance abusing individuals, in an environment that fosters and sustains self-sufficiency.
GRACIOUS HOMES was designed to provide an extension of time and services for women of the transient population who do not have custody of their children, and who are requiring extra support and guidance in order to complete a successful transition from co-dependency to self-sufficiency.
ABOUT THE HOMES
GRACIOUS HOMES is supported by a variety of entities such as; local city government, private foundations, faith based organizations and fees received from participants.
GRACIOUS HOMES has elegant dwellings, located in well maintained neighborhoods to ensure a welcome and safe environment.
A quality, sober environment supported by a part-time and/or full-time monitor.
Homeless Assistance Program
- Assistance with identification of barriers that have contributed to residents’ situation.
- Development of an individual plan for transition into permanent residential placement.
- Individual and group counseling to address self-esteem issues, adult development, and identification of medical and intense mental health issues for further assessment.
- Stress modification workshops.
- Nutrition and exercise programs.
- Steps to creating a better financial history.
- Money management, which includes budgeting and banking skills.
Weekly Group Enhancement
- Group discussion on basic L.I.F.E. skills.
- Spiritual counseling upon request.
- Peer Support Groups
Services provided on site:
- GED Tutorial on line
- Opportunity for parenting classes
- Assist participants in setting educational goals.
- Direct participants to resources available in the community.