Woman’s Co-op was the recipient of the Women of Impact funding at our June 12, 2012 meeting.
It’s comforting to have people in your life you can count on. Its often just as satisfying knowing you will be there when those same people need you.
That’s the guiding principle of the Woman’s Co-op – women helping women.
Programs and services focus on education, job training, and life skills classes. The organization uses a holistic program process that promotes self-reliance rather than social dependence.
Woman’s Co-op is women helping women work together to improve their lives through life management skills, education and employment opportunities.
We envision women succeeding in all aspects of their lives – cooperating to build a stronger community.
What We Value
- A member’s self worth, dignity and integrity must be respected and protected
- Co-op staff must maintain clients’ confidentiality; trust is an essential component of the working relationship between members and staff
- Our model for change requires members to learn and understand alternative life styles and choices it is staffs responsibility to facilitate an environment which allows every member to use this process
- Members must always have a voice in the organization
- Members should be empowered not enabled
- Members become more invested when they have the opportunity to be an active part of their goal plan process, including expressing their opinion in the assessment of their resources and development
For more information, please visit the Woman’s Co-op website at http://womanscoop.org/